Welcome to the Baidyanath World
Since diet, along with daily habits, is crucial to the health of an individual, it must be made clear at the outset that there is no standard ideal diet for all people in general. The various factors that need to be kept in mind while working out the ideal diet for each person, which will be distinctly different based on the person’s specific constitutional characteristics, are as listed below:
The preventive aspect of treatment is further subdivided into swastha varta (personal hygiene) - consisting of dinacharya (daily routine), ritucharya (seasonal corrections) and sadachara (appropriate behaviour) - rasayana & vajikarana (rejuvenation & virlification) and yoga. The curative aspect consists of three parts antati parimaijana (internal medicine) - consisting of samsodhana (internal purification through panchkarma) and samsamana (curative action) - external medicine as massage, use of pastes & powders and finally surgical treatment.
- The natural qualities of each food.
- How those natural qualities can get altered.
- The effects of combining foods – proper and unacceptable combinations.
- The quantity of food intake.
- Individual differences in food intake.
- The places & climate where the food is grown, prepared and consumed.
- The effects of the seasons and time of day.
- Avoidance of artificial flavors, chemicals, preservatives and colours.
» read more